Running Late for Uni - An honest get ready with me!

by - March 01, 2018



If you’re anything like me, you will know the struggle of accidentally snoozing your alarm 3 times, and ending up having about 10 minutes to get ready to leave for your morning lecture. In this post I’ll be sharing my rushed morning, which hopefully will give you some handy tips to help get you out of the door quicker!

The first thing I tend to do when I realise I’ve woken up late is rush to the bathroom, brush my teeth and give my face a quick splash of really cold water. Not only does this wash my face, it also wakes you up (although this might feel aggressive and go against everything you believe in, it is a quick way to get rid of that lethargic ‘get me back to bed’ feeling).

Tip: If you like to stay in bed that little bit longer, have a shower or bath before you go to bed! This way you can wash your hair, leave it to dry overnight and save all that time blow-drying and straightening in the morning (you could even pop your hair in a couple of French braids and wake up with effortless beachy waves).

After I’ve finished in the bathroom it’s time to sort my hair and face out. Depending on how confident you feel, the best way to get ready quickly is to not bother with make-up at all! Recently I have loved going bare-faced and freeing my skin. If I’m having a make-up free day my absolute saviour is the Bright and Pearly - Radiance Boosting Cocktail from Soap and Glory. Not only is this packed with vitamins to nourish the skin, its makes your skin super plump and glowy (you can also use this under make-up as an illuminating primer). If I’m not feeling as confident with my skin, or I’ve got a couple of break-outs, I’ll just dab the tiniest amount of concealer under my eyes and on any spots that might have cropped up, throw on a layer of mascara and quickly run some powder through my eyebrows (my favourites at the moment are the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast mascara, as it does exactly what it says on the tin, and the DIY Brow Bar for a natural looking brow).



Tip: Anyone that knows me will know my eyebrows leave much to be desired, to be honest without make up they are pretty much non-existent. Recently I’ve discovered the miracle of dying my eye-brows, which I do probably once every 4-6 weeks. This has legitimately changed my life, it makes getting ready in a morning so much quicker, sometimes I don’t even feel like I need to put anything on my eye-brows now. Honestly I feel like a new woman.

Next I move on to hair. Now, my hair has been bleached to within an inch of its life and tends to go a bit birds-nesty a couple of days after washing. If I’ve not been able to wash my hair the night before, it’s a quick fix of dry shampoo and a messy bun. No-one will judge you for looking a bit worse for wear, chances are you are one of many dry-shampoo’d, messy bunned ladies at your 9am lecture.


Now I’m looking a bit more alive, I throw the comfiest of clothes on (I haven’t got time to co-ordinate an Instagram approved outfit). Leggings and a hoody are my uniform of choice recently, it’s warm and cosy and requires minimal thought and effort in a morning, especially when your brain hasn’t kicked into gear yet. So, I’m up and dressed and ready to leave. If I have time I’ll have a quick bowl of cereal or if I’m running really late, I’ll run out of the door with a couple of slices of toast in my hands and eat that on the way to the bus stop (very glamorous).

I’ll finish this post by saying it’s so important to embrace your natural beauty. You are under no pressure to spend hours getting ready every day, your bare face is just as beautiful!


As always, thank you so much for reading! Let me know if you’re late and lazy like me, and let me know if you have any other tips for a rushed morning!

Again, a special thanks to Soap and Glory for supporting this post!
Love always, Emma xxx



You May Also Like

0 comments