Winter Pamper Routine

by - November 19, 2017


During winter when the days get shorter and the temperature plummets, like me, your mood may suffer. To pick myself up I like to have a super cosy evening, and really focus on myself with a good pamper session.

My routine normally starts with a running a steaming bath. Whilst this is running I make myself a cup of my favourite tea, currently this is the Raspberry and Peach fruit tea from Lidl. There's nothing more relaxing than a hot bath, especially in winter if you have the window open and the cold air blowing through. This is the best way to unwind after another stressful day at Uni, where deadlines and exams are looming. To make my bath extra luxurious I added the 'Fizz-a-Ball' bath bomb by Soap & Glory. Now let me tell you, this smells DIVINE. I used the 'Original Pink' scent, which is probably my favourite scent by them. Its sweet and feminine but not sickly. It filled the whole bathroom with the smell and this lasted until the next day. The bath bomb made the water turn a very aesthetic pink and filled it with glitter (and unlike some bath bombs I didn't leave the bath looking like a disco ball!). 



 
Whilst I was in the bath I also used the 'Radiance-Boosting' sheet mask from Soap & Glory. This is the perfect pick me up for dry and dull wintery skin. The mask was cool and refreshing in the hot bath and oh my it made my skin feel incredible afterwards. Because it had vitamin C in, it made my skin glow. I don't do this step every time I have bath, but when I do it makes the evening especially luxurious and makes me feel like I've really treated my body. 


Because I left the face mask on for 20 minutes, it gave me the opportunity to listen to my current favourite podcast - The Heart of It by Estee Lalonde. In this episode she talks to kick-ass women about feminism and female empowerment. Listening to this felt like I was looking after my brain as well as my body. 


After I've left the bath I pop on some super cosy winter pyjamas (possibly even Christmas PJ's if the mood strikes) and snuggle up in bed. A top-tip if you live in a student house like me, and its always freezing, is to make a hot water bottle before you get ready for bed and put it in between your sheets. That way it's nice and toasty for when you get in. 

Once I'm in bed, I switch on my fairy lights, and put on whatever TV series I'm in the middle of . I've just finished watching the first series of The Top of the Lake, and although it was a bit of an intense watch, if you love a crime drama like me, you'll love it. Because I'm so chilled after the bath, I normally fall asleep after an episode or two and that's where my routine ends. 

Thanks for Reading - Emma x

Thanks to Soap & Glory for supporting this post and providing the genuinely lovely products featured. Also thanks to my boyfriend for the use of his bath and being my personal photographer.

You May Also Like

0 comments